After a long (long) break (sorry, I eventually bought a PS3, I knew this could happen), we come back with a new version of openpyxl !
This has been requested by a few people so here is a small changelog since the last (1.5.4 version):
- Commented out the ‘scheme’ element as it appears to prevent the font name from being applied in Excel.
- [cell] added Decimal type as a numeric type (fixes #78)
- [writer] added write support for wrapped text (fixes #65)
- [cell] fixed the numeric regexp (fixes #77)
- [cell] added encoding support for data input (fixes #76)
- [excel(reader)] Added try except around loading workbook properties, so that workbooks with no properties get the default properties
- [date_time] Modified the re that deals with W3CDTF date format to allow dates without an ending Z (fixes #73)
- [cell] Altered the re for numeric in order to block out numbers with leading zeroes (fixes #70)
- [worksheet(writer)] fixed long number bug. using repr on a long number causes it to return the number with L appended. Now using str() on long numbers
- [dump] watching file descriptors to avoid a ‘too many open files’ error when dumping a large number of worksheets
So, a lot of big fixes, such as file descriptors, numerical regexps and leading zeroes, and a few improvements, like encoding support.
I’m also very happy to see an ever-increasing number of contributors and of course users 🙂 Thanks again everybody !
PS: special thanks to Yaroslav Halchenko for the late night licence checks 😉